It is therefore important to commit that this information will NEVER be shared with any third party for any reason at any time!
This PP has been created to make clear our commitment and obligation to clients, not only to meet, but to exceed most existing privacy standards. If it is lacking and you wish to suggest changes, we ask that you contact us at the email or telephone number below.
If any changes are made to this PP by MDP, we commit to immediately informing clients of these changes promptly notified by email. Whereupon the option will be provided to permit the use or not of the data in this changed manner.
The PP applies to MDP and governs any and all data collected used or unused. Through the use of the MDP website (moderndesign.io), clients are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in the PP.
Specifically, the PP will inform you of the following:
- What data is collected from you by MDP
- Why we collect data and the legal basis for such collection
- How we use the collected data and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your data.
The purpose of MDP is to simplify and accelerate the complex process of finding and specifying furnishing products for contract projects. And then to offer a “turnkey” solution that might include international shipping by ocean or air, and local delivery. This requires clients to provide the data necessary to complete this mission. We ask for data only in order to fulfill this purpose. Clients have the right not to disclose data. However, in some instances, our process ends when data is not provided if we have deemed we cannot properly fulfill our mission as a result.
We collect various types of data, such as:
- Voluntarily provided data which may include name, address, email address, company name, address and telephone, location address of products for delivery, billing and project information, etc. We are not an e-commerce site and do not ask for credit card data on the moderndesign.io website. Credit card data, for samples, payments, etc., is requested and authorized on a separate form.
- Data automatically collected when visiting MDP, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
- We may collect data on the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
- We do not collect personal or non-personal demographic data, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race or religion on MDP. If we request any personal data of any kind, it will only be collected with the full knowledge of clients by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It would be our intent to use this data only for the purpose for which it was requested.
Why We Collect Data and For How Long
We collect data for the following reasons:
- To anticipate and better understand clients needs and provide the products & services which have been requested.
- To fulfill our legitimate interest to improve our products & services
- To send emails containing data regarding our products & services
- To contact you with surveys or to participate in other types of market research which improve our products & services such as questions related to your opinion of our current or potential future services
- To customize MDP according to your online behavior and personal preferences
The data we collect will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said data will be determined based upon the following criteria:
- the length of time the data remains relevant to enable us to provide products & services
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such data as stated in this Policy.
Use of Data Collected
We do not now, nor will we in the future, sell, rent or lease any customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
We interact with various third-party social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within our control.
Disclosure of Data
We will not use or disclose data provided by clients except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide products & services or products that have been requested
- in other ways described in the PP or to which clients have otherwise consented
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the data confidential
- as necessary to enforce the Terms & Conditions of Business
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all our rights and property
We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in our products & services). In certain circumstances, we may use moderndesign.io, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
MDP is not directed to and does not knowingly collect data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such data has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such data is deleted from our records, Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use our services.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All clients have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email. To discontinue or unsubscribe from any communications, use the unsubscribe link on our emails, or send an email to email@example.com with the email address that you wish to unsubscribe. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. We will continue to adhere to the PP with respect to any data previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
MDP does contain links to other websites. We do not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of other such websites. Therefore, we encourage all users and members to be aware of and read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable data. The PP applies only and solely to the data we collect.
Notice to European Union Users
Our operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide data, it will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield. By providing data you are consenting to its storage and use as described in the PP.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this policy
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the data we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the data we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed directly. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your data with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to email@example.com
In addition to the rights above, rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your data whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal data is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below.
We take precautions to protect your data. When you submit sensitive data to MDP, your data is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive data transmitted online, we also protect your data offline. Only employees who need the data to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable data. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable data are kept in a secure environment. This is done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the data under our control.
Acceptance of Terms by Using MDP
You are hereby accepting the terms and conditions stipulated within the PP. If you are not in agreement with our terms and conditions, please refrain from further use. In addition, your continued use following the posting of any updates or changes to our terms and conditions means that you agree and accept such changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the PP related to our digital platform, or if you feel it is lacking and wish to suggest changes, feel free to contact us at the following email address: